How to become a Go-Giver
The Go-Giver is a savvy business parable about how to achieve extraordinary success. In a one-sentence summary, The Go-Giver teaches a pattern for becoming a better person and realizing more business achievement through being authentic and giving as much value as you can. Below is a summary of the book’s five main points:
- Value: Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment.
- Compensation: Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.
- Influence: Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people’s interests first.
- Authenticity: The most valuable gift you have is to offer yourself.
- Receptivity: The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving.
Do you have 4 minutes and 27 seconds to become enlightened and delighted? Below is the book highlights in a short video:
Do you love this short story about Joe? Can you “see yourself in Joe?”
Is this a good time to inspire your team with a simple message they can embrace together, have fun, and generate huge dividends?
Want to be a Go-Giver yourself?
Great! You can easily share this message with business colleagues. Lasting Impressions can assist you with customized copies of the book that include a custom message from you and/or your company logo. To learn more, see the options available to you on our vendor partner’s website. For answers to your questions or to place an order, contact Lasting Impressions directly as this vendor’s website does not process online orders.
Book Details: Click Here
To create an extraordinary promotional product customized to your brand and campaign, connect with us by calling 425.822.6651 or Janet@LastingImpressionsGifts.net. Together we can transform your great ideas into brilliant corporate gifts, sales tools, and marketing campaigns.
To your success,
P.S. To view a history of marketing strategy, business best practices, and inspirational idea starters we invite you to read our blog.
“Advance Your Brand, Activate Your Employees and Add Customers for Life.”